Juice Cleanse Guide
Why You Should Try a Juice Cleanse
Juice cleanse is not only for the body, but also for the mind. Its main purpose is to give you a clean slate to start with. A positive mind and spirit will help you stay motivated to continue on with these lifestyle changes even after this juice cleanse is over. It is time to put yourself first; we’ve taken care of your nourishment on this juice cleanse journey.
- Re-boot eating habits
- Improve mental clarity & energy
- Gentle detox
Before You Start Your Juice Cleanse
- Start this from 1-5 days before your cleanse. Start earlier if feel like you have a lot of cleaning up to do, so you can introduce each change gradually.
- Cut out the junk, especially your worst offenders - alcohol, caffeine, added sugars, processed foods, greasy/deep fried foods.
- Increase your intake of fruits and vegetables.
- Work on your hydration, aim to have at least 2L each day – water and decaffeinated herbal tea are best.
- Get some much needed rest and relaxation. Take some time to rest and declutter your head.
During Your Juice Cleanse
- Start your day off with a healthy dose of meditation.
- Space the juices evenly throughout the day to maintain an even energy level and blood sugar.
- Consume the highest calorie juice when you are naturally the hungriest.
- Consume Nut Mylk’s (with protein powder if you are more physically active) after a workout.
- Stay well hydrated, aim to have at least 2L each day. Water is best, but decaffeinated herbal tea works too.
- Stay in tune with your body. Although our juices are customized to suit your current lifestyle and fitness level, you may want to adjust your exercise intensity. Because you may be significantly reducing your caloric intake during this period, you may not have as much energy to perform at your normal intensity.
- If hungry, eat clean, wholesome foods, like raw fruits or vegetables and plant-based proteins (eg. nuts, seeds, and nut/seed butters) – Think “single ingredient” foods!
- Remind yourself that this is for your body and mind, to help you stay motivated.
After You Finish Your Juice Cleanse
- Congratulations, you’ve given yourself a fresh start! You’ve kicked aside old habits, and are now ready to adopt the refreshed and nourished lifestyle you deserve.
- Keep in mind, you’ve given your digestive system a long break, so ease back into solid foods - Start with smoothies and soups.
- When you’re ready to introduce solid foods, start with lots of vegetables (leafy greens are great!), fruits, plant-based proteins, and healthy fats.
**If you are on any medications or have any medical conditions, please consult with your healthcare provider before beginning a cleanse.